02. WebAccess HMI/SCADA software
Advantech WebAccess is a 100% web-based SCADA software solution that also serves as an IIoT platform by providing open interfaces for developing IoT applications aimed at various vertical markets. WebAccess also acts as a gateway by collecting substantial amounts of data from ground equipment and transferring this data to cloud applications via the MQTT protocol in the Publish/Subscribe pattern. In addition to traditional SCADA functions, WebAccess features an intelligent dashboard to facilitate cross-platform, cross-browser data analysis and provide a user interface based on HTML5 technology.
The basic components of WebAccess are as follows:
1. Project Node: This is the project development platform that also acts as a web server for all clients to connect to development projects, facilitating remote monitoring and system control. All system configuration settings, project database files, and graphics are stored in the project node.
2. SCADA Node: This node enables real-time communication with automation equipment as well as equipment control via serial, Ethernet, or proprietary communication protocols using the various built-in device drivers. The SCADA node not only allows local control and monitoring, but also provides real-time data to all remote clients.
3. ViewDAQ Client: Through Microsoft Internet Explorer's ActiveX control, ViewDAQ Client monitors and controls the SCADA node. Clients must first connect to the project node to obtain the address of the SCADA node before communicating directly with the SCADA node using proprietary communication protocols over a TCP/IP connection. Data is displayed in real time as dynamically animated graphics and presented along with real-time historical trends and alarm information. The ViewDAQ Client can be used to acknowledge alarms and change set-point and status data, as well as other information.
4. Dashboard Client: This enables users to access the dashboard server through any browser on any platform, such as a computer, pad, or smartphone equipped with iOS, Android, or Windows.